27 January 2010

iWonder. iLearn. iKnow.

iWonder. iLearn. iKnow. Home - iWonder iLearn iKnow @ Brebeuf

I'm currently working on a proposal for an action-research project when I return to the classroom in September. I am proposing a Student-Directed Learning opportunity whereby students will select courses from the Interdisciplinary Curriculum, select units of study, design assessment and summative tasks with rubrics and engage in experiential learning. This is the class wiki! It is a self-contained, "go-to" site that contains all the information and material needed to be successful in the course. I'm presenting my proposal on February 5 and I have all conceivable body parts crossed for this one...

1 comment:

  1. So get this... I gave this presentation in January. LAST WEEK I'm asked to prepare a summary of key points so that the powers-that-be can make some sort of decision. I can't say that I'm surprised, given the current rate of change in our system, and in education in general. It's a bit shocking that the idea is even be entertained, but there's no way I'd be able to to this sort of thing as a formal program. The funny thing is that I don't care. I can have this sort of structure in place in any class that I teach to a certain degree and I don't need official sanction for that. So long as my students can write some horribly written, pedagogically unsound final exam at the end of the semester, its' all good...

    ReplyDelete