08 April 2010

It's a Done Deal

It's official. I've decided to go back to the classroom after two years in my role as a Program Resource Teacher. I figure a couple of things:

1. It'll get me back to working with kids - which I love above all things.

2. This decision will prevent me from becoming increasingly cynical about the prospects for change. I have met and worked with so many great teachers who are doing really fantastic work and I want to be an active part of affecting real change.

3. I'll have the chance to put into practice all the good stuff I've been working on and researching about over the last couple of years.

My only dilemma is whether or not I go back to an elementary or secondary classroom. At this point, I've exercised my right to return to my former school, a secondary posting, but I plan to put in for an elementary transfer. Two principals whom I respect very much are opening new schools in September and I would love the opportunity to work for either of them and to start in a brand new school. It excites to think about being in a teaching scenario that allowed me the most flexibility with my teaching and creativity. We'll see what happens. Regardless, I'm really happy with my decision. Working with adult learners is just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment