17 April 2009

A Great Analogy



I think of our journey to transforming how we talk about teaching and learning literacy in the YCDSB in terms of the Medicine Wheel. The next couple of years will involve a lot of building and awareness, and no doubt there will be struggle. I think the greatest struggle will be in convincing teachers that they're already doing a lot of the good work that the Literacy Prism is promoting. Like with any initiative - whether it's new or a re-packaging and formalizing existing structures - there is bound to be initial resistance because people are afraid of what they don't know or are not comfortable with. I just thought I'd post this because when I came across this diagram, it so precisely represented what I was thinking about our progress to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment